Thursday, November 10, 2011

Trunk or Treat-Haven House, 2011

For our first lil' mission we did pretty good! We collected cotumes that people had donated (by the way we got about 20 costumes) in just 2 weeks before Halloween! It was last minute, it was kinda "thrown" together and we didn't know what we should expect.  However, we had about 7 cars that came within my group and then Haven House and it's directors and staff came as well, were dressed up and had their cars decorated as well!  Wouldn't you know I went to take pictures and the battery of my camera was DEAD! : ( Sooo, I was waiting on pics from the director at Haven House, and she hasn't sent them yet-so I didn't want to wait to post about our experience, so this one will be without photos....

The truth is, poverty is REAL. It's everywhere. It's in our back yards and it's thousands and thousands of miles across the world, and it's everywhere in between.  I was telling Ryan as I was getting ready for this, I said I am so fortunate for the people that have jumped on "my ship" and will listen to me on my soapbox, and I am very grateful for that-however, there are still those that I just wish "got it"...But, instead of me getting frustrated about it, I need to pray that in someway they will all be touched in a way that I have.  Instead of being frustrated, I almost feel sorry for them.  It's SUCH a powerful feeling, that it can't be explained...when you have been touched by an orphan (not necessarily saying my children) but to have those children looking at you for help and just the look in their eyes, their eyes screaming at you HELP-it's not one that can be forgotten, instead it makes me FIGHT for them!  God has touched me in a way, through Africa, that I didn't know was even out there....and for that I am thankful!!!

Stay tuned for our Christmas Outreach!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment